Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Slow Down


Often times I feel like I am wishing time away. I can't wait until classes are done. I can't wait until the week is over. I can't wait until the snow goes away. I can't wait until I can see my parents and CB again. I can't wait for fitness testing to be over with. I can't wait for the summer to be here...and so on. But really each time I am yearning for something to be done with just so I can make it to the next thing and then the next. It's like this constant cycle. I was really excited to take certain classes this semester, but now that I'm taking them, I can't wait for them to be over and to sign up for my new classes next semester. I miss my parents and CB, but I should be taking advantage of hanging out with my friends more and interacting with all of the cool people around me. I guess what I am getting at is that if I keep living my life this way, anticipating the future, I am more prone to let-downs and disappointments and missing out on all of the good stuff that is right in front of me. I'm worried that I'll be looking back on my life 40 years from now asking myself where all of my time went. So I'm really liking this simple "slow down" mantra. Life goes by too fast. I want to take advantage of everything in front of me, slow down and appreciate things a little bit more. I have time to walk from point A to point B. There's no use in getting frustrated at the slower walkers in front of me.



Anyone ever feel this way or have any good quotes to live by?


Always,
Alyssa


1 comment:

  1. I feel exactly the same way! I think I used to do this more in high school, just waiting to be a sophomore and then a junior and senior and get to college. Finally I was at college and had a mini meltdown because I couldn't believe it had gone so fast and I missed a lot of things I had taken for granted. I've tried to instill a similar mantra but it's definitely hard sometimes to eliminate that "on to the next" yearning.

    ReplyDelete