Friday, March 25, 2011

Weekly Gratitude

Tatiana, of Love Life Lace reflects in a blog post each week about different things she is thankful for. I decided to jump on the train and take the weekly gratitude challenge, because it is too often that I forget to appreciate the little things in life. CB thinks I am a pretty positive person, and I agree, but I think there is always room for improvement. It has been too many years that I have been judging and criticizing not only myself, but others- especially those whom I don't know. It's time for me to take a step back and look more at the positives in other people and in life. The opportunities that lie ahead of and in front of me are endless. I can't keep taking them for granted. I think this blog has already been a really positive step for me. It's made me think more about the things I enjoy. I first tried doing "monday means..." posts, which I think I will revisit from time to time, but I really believe weekly gratitude is a great way to reflect on my week. So here it goes:



  • Thank you to my roommates over spring break, for putting up with my annoying coughing each and every night. (Special shout out to MC who had to share a bed with me).
  • Thank you to my coaches, for giving me their time, inspiration, patience and faith.
  • Thank you to my parents for encouraging me, believing in me & supporting me both emotionally and financially! I couldn't do anything I do without you guys.
  • Thank you to all the kind people in Oak Ridge Tennessee. Nothing like a little southern hospitality!
  • Thank you to the crew team. You guys are so awesome. I can't wait to start the season with you!
  • Thank you to Mother Nature. I really enjoyed the warm sunshine over spring break.
  • Thank you to my good health (minus this horrible sinus infection). No bad knees! I have been able to complete all of the runs and rows. Yay!
  • Thank you to having clean water. It's my go-to drink.
  • Thank you to Skidmore College, for being given the opportunity to take so many cool classes.
  • Thank you to Dunkin Donuts, for providing me with the best iced coffee ever!
A view of a sunrise going over the thousand island bridge this past summer, near my summer house. Just another one of the things I am thankful for (and also for not crashing while I took this picture...hehe).


What are you guys thankful for?


Always,
Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. I would also give a big thank you to having clean water. It's so easy to forget that many people don't have that luxury! I'm also thankful for the beautiful weather lately and getting the cable on our TV fixed! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I've been especially thankful for my parents lately, too! That picture is absolutely gorgeous! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete