Saturday, April 2, 2011

Indian Inspiration

Catherine Fitzsimmons is the founder of Rikshaw Design, a textiles company that makes bedding and clothing inspired by the colors and prints of India. Her work is beautiful and done in a block style printing. My friend RAH is currently taking a textile surface design class and was inspired by Indian design after she traveled to India this past summer. Seeing the work of RAH and now Rikshaw Design, is making me want to try designing my own patterns! (Good thing I am planning on taking a textiles class next semester). In the meantime, I might have to keep browsing through some of Catherine's beautiful work. You can also visit her blog here.











Do you love these fun prints as much as I do? I can't wait until she comes out with even more!

Always,
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment