Friday, April 29, 2011

Say, do you like Starbucks?

I generally think there are two types of coffee drinkers: those who prefer Starbucks, and those who prefer Dunkin Donuts. At least, that's how I think it is up here in the Northeast for the on-the-go coffee drinkers. As you may know from previous posts, I prefer Dunkin Donuts, because I really like their iced coffee. But, the truth is, I didn't really become a coffee drinker until this year! And although I actually kind of like the taste of coffee now, I'm still not one of those people that needs it to get through the day (even though it can make the day much nicer). Despite my allegiance to "dunkies", MC and I decided to venture to the Starbucks downtown yesterday afternoon. I was excited to finally try one of their cakepops! The woman working there recommended I try the birthday cake kind, and I have to say I was fairly pleased with it! One of my favorite things about Starbucks however, is their gift cards. They always have cards with beautiful designs! I'm always excited to get a Starbucks gift card because it's like I received a piece of art. Not going to lie, I'm pretty sure I've saved gift cards that don't have money on them anymore. How cool would it be to create designs for their gift cards? I think I would love it! Before I graduate and get this Starbucks gift carddesign job, I might have to settle on customizing a Starbucks card online here. So cool that you can do that!


Some of the awesome designs! I'm loving the new flying geese one:
















the cakepops, mmm:










and the red velvet mini whoopie pies that i'm going to try next:



Do you prefer Starbucks to Dunkin Donuts (or another chain coffee shop?) And if you aren't a fan of Starbucks coffee, do you love their gift cards as much as I do?

Happy Weekend!

Always,
Alyssa


images via here and here

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I never knew you could design your own gift card. How cool and what a creative job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alyssa, I prefer starbucks the stronger the better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those giftcards are pretty! I'm not a big Starbucks fan, but it's because I don't drink coffee. I've never liked the taste of it and also don't use caffeine or anything to get me going in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow-- cool that you can design your own gift card! I like starbucks! here it is broken into two sections 1. starbucks and 2. tim hortans!

    ReplyDelete