Friday, May 20, 2011

Stephen Bonnano: The Original Palm Beach Sandal



Many people have heard of Jack Rogers sandals, but not everyone has heard of Stephen Bonnano. Well, as it turns out the palm beach sandal (aka navajo sandal) was originally designed for Jackie Kennedy in the early 1960s with help from designer Luigi Pucillo and hand-crafted by Eva and Benny Bonnano of Stephen Bonnano Sandals. Today, the palm beach sandal is still one of the most popular sandals in the family business, and each pair is handmade entirely of leather in the USA. I learned this all this week when I was down vacationing in the palm beach area with MC. There are so many different colors and styles you can choose from. You can even customize your own width and length to fit your foot perfectly! Now if I could only envision my perfect pair of sandals...

Here are some of my favorite combinations:








What do you think? Are you as surprised to know these fun facts as I was?

Always,
Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. I really like their monogrammed options too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! My family visits Palm Beach often, and we decided to go to their warehouse last year. They gave my father and I a tour, and talked to us for an hour about the process. I have such respect for them and their high quality products. The gold Bonnano's are gorgeous! fun post :)

    ~www.thealyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete