Thursday, June 23, 2011

Life as I know it.


I'm getting a little tired of people telling me that college is the best four years of my life and that I should really enjoy it while it lasts. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy college. It is truly a unique experience. I get to be with my friends 24/7, learn to be more independent, interact with amazing and brilliant people, and take interesting classes. There is no doubt that I am taking advantage of all of those wonderful opportunities. BUT I really don't like when people say that college is the best four years of your life. It's like, after all those years that I've already lived, and hopefully even more years that I'm going to live in the future, this is what it comes down to? This is as good as it gets? Not that life isn't good, but who's to predetermine how good my life is going to get? This could just only be the beginning. Although freshman year of high school was tough, it was still fun. I even enjoyed drama-filled middle school. Honestly, I look back on a lot of those experiences and laugh. If anything, my childhood years would have to be the best years of my life, because really, ignorance is bliss. And I often still act like a child, so hopefully that means I will always be blissful. I do refuse to believe my life is all downhill from here. I can only go upwards. What about all the exciting things I have to look foward too? My first real job? My first house? My wedding day? Motherhood? There are many different types of good experiences a person can have. I have a different kind of fun with my parents, than with my girlfriends, than with CB. Sure, everything comes with aches and pains, but I refuse to settle for a job I don't love. I'm not going to live for only 4 years.

Who's with me?


Always,
Alyssa

1 comment: