Monday, August 15, 2011

Banana Boats.

The s'more is an ultimate summer staple. Although it is a tossup between ice cream and the ever-familiar gooey treat, there's just nothing like biting into a s'more at a summertime campfire. I've had my share of many s'mores flavored treats. At the beginning of the summer I had a s'mores bread pudding. Although it didn't taste that much like s'mores it was to die for. I also had a delicious s'mores cupcake. I even stopped at Insomnia Cookies on S.U. hill and got a a yummy deluxe s'mores cookie. Why is it that when you have a marshmallow alone, it falls short of being only mediocre, but grilled and sandwiched between graham crackers and Hershey's chocolate it's like fireworks in your mouth?  If you haven't tried variations of this classic treat, you should. One variation I learned back in the day when I was a girl scout, is called a Banana Boat. Basically, it is a grilled banana stuffed with chocolate and marshmallows. I like to think of it as a healthier version of the standard s'more because you are getting a serving of fruit (=P). Anyway, You take a banana, slice it down the middle and stuff it alternating with pieces of marshmallow and chocolate. You then wrap it in tinfoil and place it either on the grill or in the coals of the fire. When it's hot and mushy, it's good to go. Depending on the heat and level of mushiness you like, I think it should cook for approximately 15 minutes, maybe a little less. If you love bananas and s'mores, and haven't tried out this one, you definitely should!





And for your mouth watering pleasure...

s'more cupcakes



s'more balls



s'more bars




s'more dip



s'more cookies



Next on my list to try:


banana split s'mores whoopie pues.


I think yes?

What are your favorite summer treats?


Always,
Alyssa


images via

No comments:

Post a Comment